All parts of the formicaria are joined at an angle of 90 °. This is important to remember if you are assembling or opening a large lid. Otherwise, you might break something.
To make it easier to insert the latches, you need to squeeze them a little. Also, before assembly, you should remove all burrs, if they are present on the latches.
Acrylic has one smoother edge and one sharper edge. During the assembly of the formicaria, the acrylic should be installed with the sharper edge inward (exception - baffles). The baffles are installed with the smoother edge to the side wall. Otherwise, the side wall will be scratched. A sharper edge can be determined by touching the edge with your finger.
1. Before assembly, it is necessary to remove the protective film from both sides of all acrylic parts of the formicarium and engraving, except for the latches. Then wipe or wash the glass (Сaution: the edges of the glass are sharp).
2. Place the stopper on the bottom of the formicarium and secure with latches so that the latches are outside the formicarium.
3. Dock the side walls without holes with the bottom of the formicarium so that they are perpendicular to the stop at the bottom. Then secure it with snaps.
4. Join the side walls with holes with the bottom walls and side walls without holes.
5. Install the baffles with the smoother edge to the side wall and fasten with the screw. The grover washer should be between the nut and the inside of the formicaria wall.
6. Install the plaster block on the bottom of the formicarium so that it rests tightly against the stopper. Then carefully place the glass on it. Do not scratch the glass.
7. Install large cover and secure with snaps. Acrylic deforms from moisture, so cracks may appear without latches (except formicaria with 5 mm acrylic lid).
8. Assemble and install the vented cover with screws and nuts.
9. Before settling the ants, it is necessary to moisten the plaster block. The first time this will take more water than the next times. We recommend using filtered or boiled water for humidification.
10. If you are settling in a small colony or a single queen, it is necessary to close off the distant living sections in the plaster block. And open sections as needed in the future in formicaria where such an opportunity is provided.